Staff Wellbeing at Canning Street
Working at Canning Street is hard work and we are incredibly proud of our staff, who always give 100%. We could not function as we do without them.
We recognise that in this profession, experiencing mental or physical "burn-out" is very possible, so we actively support staff in a range of flexible ways. During Covid, this has been particularly important, not only for mental wellbeing but to minimise time spent in school and potentially crossing bubbles.
* Staff are free to take their PPA at home (1 afternoon a week.)
* Staff are permitted to leave at the end of the day as soon as they have seen their children out.
* Extra curricular clubs have been put on hold for the time being.
* Non-contact time has been planned in to give teachers time for additional tasks, such as subject leadership and Data analysis.
* Monitoring and Scrutiny by SLT has been reduced.
* Staff meetings have been postponed unless urgent, and have moved to Teams.
* CPD is being carried out remotely.
As well as these ongoing changes, we have held occasional one-off treats and rewards such as the Treat Trolley, the Socially Distanced Sausage Breakfast and Staff Advent Calendar.
If you would like to view our Staff Wellbeing policy, please click below.
You must consent to the use of user embedded cookies to allow this embedded object to show.