Salary: L20 - L26 £62,863 - £72,810 per annum
(Group 3 - Number on Roll: 515)
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
Required for Easter 2018 or earlier if possible.
Following the retirement of the Headteacher, the Governors of this popular, successful and diverse inner-city school are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational leader to be our new Headteacher.
At our most recent inspection in November 2014, we were judged to be good with outstanding features. We are looking for someone with the drive, energy and ambition to move the school forward in these challenging times and build on our many successes. As part of the WEST trust, our school works closely with six other local primary schools and with external partners to provide the best possible outcomes for our children.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- will develop a clear set of aims for the future providing stability and direction
- has an inspirational and inclusive leadership style which will empower and motivate others to reach their full potential
- is an excellent practitioner who has a proven track record of high expectations in raising standards
- is committed to our inclusive approach which celebrates cultural, religious, ethnic and linguistic diversity
- has excellent inter personal and communication skills
- has very high expectations of behaviour and is passionate about children’s learning
- will be able to further develop our collaborative, team teaching approach and is able to lead and manage a large team of teaching and support staff
- is able to maintain and strengthen our current links with parents and the wider community,
- will work in partnership with our WEST schools and members of the Trust community
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to lead our lively, friendly and hard-working team of staff
- the support of our dedicated team of staff and Governors and work with them in implementing a vision of excellence
- the opportunity to work in our modern building which has excellent learning facilities
- the opportunity to work in a very positive and caring school ethos
- the opportunity to develop our commitment to distributed leadership and management
- established working relationships with parents and the local community
- the opportunity to work in partnership with other Headteachers and members of our trust community
- the opportunity to actively engage in your continued professional development.
Our school facilities include a Clever Tots provision for rising two year olds, Nursery provision for three and four year olds and a Sensory room. We also have extensive outdoor areas including an allotment and garden area.
Canning Street Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful applicant will depend upon receipt of an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
Further details and an application pack can be found on our website www.canning.newcastle.sch.uk or by telephoning school office on 0191 2735465.
Pre application visits to the school after 3:30pm can be arranged by contacting the school office on 0191 2735465
Closing Date: 2nd November 2017 at 4pm
Shortlisting: Thursday 9th November 2017
Selection process: Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd November 2017
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage.